Friday, January 22, 2010

Thursdays....

Thursdays are quickly becoming my favorite day. The combination of free time fun and time to be productive are just so good for my mind. It's a day where I am really able to focus on the little things that bring me joy as I slow down to enjoy them. Here are some of the little things from this Thursday:

-time to visit with my Roommates in the morning
-a Library visit with one of my favorite little girls where I am able to totally focus on her
-splitting a brownie (and fighting over that brownie) with the same little girl :)
-finding out about a free concert and getting Ashley to go with me the next night
-chatting with Holly
-interesting reading for school, hot tea, coldplay and my favorite seat at my favorite coffee shop
-standing next to Kathlyn during the ODK picture and not being the only tall female
-being a nerd with Amber (one word: "mesmer")

My hope is that the practice of enjoying and noticing the small happy things on this day of the week will overflow into the rest of the week...

1 comment:

searcher said...

excited about the concert and our time together tonight :)