Thursday, May 29, 2008

Training Week

Hello friends! I am still at training week! It is going great so far. God has really blessed me with a fantastic team who I really enjoy being around. I am working hard learning how to do my job (housing is crazy but oddly fun). On the first day (sunday...the day I flew in and then began training) I typed up my thoughts from the day and what all had gone on that day and I thought I would share it with you.

"Today began at 5:00am, was at the airport  around 6:20 and once I shuffeled a few things aroundso that one of my two bags was not over the limit of 50lbs and then went to the right terminal, made my way through security, found my fate, got sprite and a muffin, alked back to my gate just as they began loading. The flight was fairly uneventfl, especially condidering that it was my first time flying alone. Though i did get sick on the plane and the fact that my ears were still popping 5 hours alter. Once I got my luggage I found the SL van (or rather, they found me) and we picked up the rest of the airport people we were off the the SL office. Honestly, being att he SL office waiting for training week to really begin was the most overwhelming part of the day. There were TONS of people all looking around at each other's name tags hoping to find more people with the same color name tag. Though it was overwhelming, it was great to finally meeeting the people who had just been a name, face and some words on facebook. After a quick meeting and lunch we were off the Shocco Springs where we would spend training week. The ride was quiet att imes, but I really enjoyed getting to know some of the people a litte better. Once we arrived and got into our rooms, the day REALLY began. This day, as will the rest of the week, held lots of meetings. I really enjoyed some of the, my favorites being the teaming meetings where people take turns telling about themselves and the meeting where we learned about how to use MAC computers (even though this meeting was from 9-10 that night, about which time all of the office staff was falling asleep). So now, as I sit on my bed and refelct back over today there are two moments in particular that really stick out in my head. The first took place on the airplane before ite ven began to taxi. I sat there and just thought "What am I doing?!?! I don't know how to do this job! I don't know these people! I'm going to travel across the US (literally)  and I get car sick!" After I thought these things all I could do was sit and rest in peace that God is in control. He uses us in ways that we don't think we can be used. And as He taught me when I was applying for this job, He knows what I need and will supply accordingly. My second highlight of the day was much more peaceful and invovled much less freaking out :-). During out second Orange Team meeting I couldn't help but looking around at the circle and be thankful. I am so very thankful for my team. Though I don't know the well, I think I have been able to talk to almost every member today at least at some point and I am so excited about getting to know them, being a member of their family for the summer, being their friend for a long time and serving and stretching alongside of them this summer. Indeed, God is in control."

Sorry for all the typos...don't have time to fix them....off to lunch!
Grace and Peace!



Grace and Peace!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa ~ Enjoyed your thoughts. I'm so glad all is going well. I'll be checking in on you and of course I'll be praying for you. Have a great summer, and I'll be happy to make sure that your mom has a girl to talk to occasionally while you're gone! Terri (Ewing)

Anonymous said...

Hi friend! I am so happy that everything is going well. Know that I pray for you and that I am so proud of you for going where God has called you. I love you!

Anonymous said...

oh, airparrot is holly. :-) I had to use my aim sn. :-)