Tuesday, July 29, 2008

California...

UPDATED LATER THAT DAY: 5.8 Earthquake today....wasn't too bad here but in some places it was pretty crazy....oh California

So....we, the orange team, have officially done at least one camp in every time zone in the US (besides Alaska and Hawaii).

We got here, Riverside, on Saturday and then went out to eat that night. It was really nice for all of us to spread out and eat where we wanted to (I ate with some of my team at California Pizza Kitchen). It was also nice to just wander around for a bit. I got to wander around Borders for a bit....it was amazing how many people from my team wound up in the history and religion sections. :-) The next day was our load in day. Typically, we load in at 1pm but, as it was Sunday and a church was meeting in the gym which was going to be our worship center we were not able to being load in until 9:30pm that night. So, that day we got to experience "real life" outside of the camp bubble! I ate my first In-and-Out burger and then headed to the mall and Target! (Found a really cute dress at Gap for really cheap for those of you that care :-) ) We then headed back and took naps (on command from our leadership because we were going to be up most of the night). Needless to say, the majority of my team was up until around 3:30am loading in.

Camp this week is a lot smaller than we are used to but it is going to be nice to be able to know Youth Pastor's and camper's names.

Well, I have more to tell but things are going to be slow in the office this week so I will save those stories for a later time.

Grace and peace!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Second earthquake for you...you have a few more to go before you catch up with you dear ole' dad, but why don't you just go ahead and get on outta there and will let him keep the title. Thanks for calling me as quickly as you did, you sounded quite calm actually, thanks for that too. haha