Sunday, June 22, 2008

Registration Day in Florida

Well, today is registration day in Florida. I'm sitting in the camp office waiting for one more church to get here. All in all, today seems to have gone pretty smoothly....I had a few rough spots to overcome but, don't we all :-)

Florida is....humid! We got spoiled last week in North Carolina with FANTASTIC weather and WONDERFUL food at Wake Forest and here at Stetson it is back to regular-ole cafeteria food and lots of heat and humidity. 

We got here at midnight on friday and loaded in starting at one on saturday. Most often, it seems that the production staff is up really, really late doing last minute touches on the set, lights and sound but.....yesterday....EVERYTHING was done by 8:30! It was great! Me and some of my team went swimming and then hung out at IHOP. It was great to relax and just hangout with my team.

We have just over 1000 campers this week...which is our smallest camp so far.

Overall, I'm doing pretty good. I finally feel confident in my job and like I actually have a clue what I am doing. My team has made it through the "honeymoon" phase and have become a lot more real with each other.

Office just got crazy....I'm off

No comments: