Monday, June 16, 2008

Wake Forest University....Reg Day

Hey all...

Well my team and I finished camp up at SFA on Saturday, loaded out and drove to Birmingham. Spent the night in BHAM and then drove all day until about 6:00 when we arrived and loaded in at Wake Forest University in North Carolina. Normally, we start load in around 1:00pm and finish about midnight but, because of the distance we had to travel, we started much later and thus finished much later. In spite of tiredness, today has been a really GREAT day. Registration was crazy as usual but went really well especially considering that this is our first time in about 10 years at this location.

Before I left for the summer, many of us joked about how I was going to become an expert at which cafeterias had good which and which had.....really yucky food. Well, so far this summer, I have had some NOT good food but this week....the food is AMAZING! When my team walked in for our first meal today before the campers arrived, we got so excited when we saw all of the fresh food that we started hugging each other. MaDe much of the sleepiness go away.

Well, it feels like my summer is really officially in swing. We don't have a day off until the end of summer. Each day will either be spent at camp or traveling to a camp. Normally, this would not sound fun at all but my team is really great to travel with. We have kind of un-officially divided ourselves into vans and the people that I have been spending most of my time with in the vans are GREAT. 

I would love to hear what's going on in everyone's lives whether in form of an e-mail or a letter. A phone call would be great, but I am not really able to spend much of my time on the phone.

Well, it's almost time for a quick group meeting so off I go.

Grace and peace to all!

No comments: