Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lee University day 2

Hi blog world friends!

Today is day two of week one of camp. Yesterday was registration day and I can honestly say that I have never worked so hard in my life. Oddly enough, I really enjoyed it! (I guess there is a reason I am doing this job). 

We have just under 1200 people at camp this week. I got to worship late last night so I sat in the very back and as I sat down I was overwhelmed as I looked around the room and saw the students and it hit me....all of these kids have a place to sleep....it might be on the floor, but it is still a place to lay down their pillows. It was another "insignificant" moment in that there was NO WAY that I would have done that on my own....only through God taking the rooms and multiplying them (my theme verse for the summer is from Matthew 15 where Jesus has compassion on the people, doesn't send them away and feeds them). I am also blessed to be working with an amazing staff. Our products girl did housing last year and our event coordinator did housing her first year. They have helped me in SO many ways!

Well, I'm off to work again!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: